Monday, February 22, 2010

It's gonna be a bright sunshiny day!

I chose this picture for t0day because it was also a bright, clear day and JJ wanted to be '
'ou'side.' I love the connection that kids have with nature, they love everything about being outside. It is unfortunate that so few parents these days seem to understand that connection. Even as adults we have a bond with nature; I find that for myself, when I am overwhelmed with life or I just need to be alone, the great outdoors calls to me like the Pied Piper. There is something magical about nature, particularly when you are a child. I can remember when I was a kid, I couldn't bear to be inside, rain or no rain. It was an exquisite day when I was finally allowed to be outside sans a coat or even a sweater. If you allow yourself to enjoy nature through the eyes of a child you will begin to find that place in yourself that finds excitement over a spider building his amazing web, the fun of running your fingers across a pussy willow, or the thrill of stomping through mud puddles just because you can. There is much to be learned through the eyes of children if we can let go of our adult world long enough to explore and reawaken our curiosity and rediscover the joy of the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment