Thursday, January 13, 2011

Relinquishing the Past

 

On the day that you give birth to your child there are no future peeks into the future, no way for you to comprehend the joy of watching them grow into adulthood and the painful wrench of watching them spread their wings and fly. It is, of course, the point of all your hard work and yet somehow, it comes upon you out of nowhere and you find yourself completely unprepared and incredibly sad.

 
I had the amazing privilege of having both of my daughters live at home until the their wedding day and it has been the delight of my heart.
 
Now I have come to this new place in life and when it came combined with the loss of my mom, I find myself not knowing exactly how to deal with it or if even want to. Somehow it seems like it would be easier to brush it all aside and move on, which is incredibly easy to do when school is so intense.

Just so it is clear, I am thrilled for my baby girl to be fulfilling her God-given destiny with the man God planned for her in His infinitely tender way; but there are times where it takes my breath away to realize that she won't ever come walking through my door in the same way as when  she lived here.

I know that with time acceptance will come, I just have to ride out the storm.

Meanwhile, enjoy the picture from the day she became Carlie-Rose Danielle Chrystella Geneva Scarbrough Madrid.


 

 


3 comments:

  1. You expressed everything so beautifully in this post, Melody. This must be a big season of transitioning for you! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, I wish I had spelled *peeks* appropriately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading, Abbie. I have found that when I am processing things in my mind that writing is a good outlet. Unfortunately for those reading I only tend to need the outlet when I am feeling melancholy. =/

    ReplyDelete