Wednesday, March 31, 2010

These miniature daffodils have come and gone now, but they were the brightest ray of sunshine as you came up our front walkway. It was especially nice because they were blooming at the at the point in the quarter where I wanted to bang my head against the nearest wall and cry like a baby.
But all of that is over now, grades are out and I maintained my 4.0 GPA. Yes! I actually received an 'A' from my English class. It was so totally backwards all quarter long, Math was easy and English was tough, really tough. I am very thankful that all my hard work paid off, there never seemed to be a guarantee of that.
I remember the first day of the quarter (and this should have been the writing on the wall) the professor's first words to the class were, "Pick up your homework on your way by my desk." She followed that up pretty quickly with, "After my class, all your other college classes are going to be easy." She was not kidding. But I lived, hopefully learned, and added more layers to the part of my character that needs to practice staying with something even when you can't see the end result.
On another note, it is Easter week (how did this happen?!?!) and I am looking forward to having the whole family here for Easter dinner. It will be fun to watch J hunt for Easter eggs this year. Pictures to come!

1 comment: